On Saturday, 02 December 2006, at 20:29:43 (+0100),
Mirek wrote:

> I think eterm is very outdated, i am using gnome-terminal, Eterm
> doesnt support even UTF8 locales. But it has one big advantage, it
> is very fast, very very fast :)

Please ignore the stupid people.  Thanks.

> > In Konsole I could highlight text using mouse, right click =, and
> > cut 'n paste this to anywhere else. I seem to have lost this
> > ability in eterm. A right click just does nothing.

Right click being bound to cut or copy violates the standard and is a
bug in Konsole.  The correct use for right click, which you'll see in
Eterm, xterm, and most any other terminal, is "extend selection."  If
you have made a selection, for instance back in the scrollback buffer,
right clicking will extend the selection from the original starting
point to wherever you right click.

Eterm automatically copies the selected text to the X PRIMARY
selection, so no manual "copy" action is required.  Most applications
will properly paste this selected text using the middle mouse button.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 "The notion that something as complex and thermodynamically