Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:43:32 -0500 Geoffrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> babbled:
>
>> I have been using gnucash for a long while.  I recently upgraded to
>> Fedora 8, gnucash 2.2.1 and E17 from cvs on 15 Nov.
>>
>> When I attempt to open the 'find invoice' dialog it does not show.
>>
>> If I run gnome instead of E, it works fine.
>>
>> Any ideas what might be causing this?  I run gnucash --debug but there
>> is no output generated when attempting to open the find invoice or find
>> customer dialogs.
>
> unlikely to get you anything useful. i haven't seen this kind of thing before,
> but its likely one of a few things
>
> 1. check the lost windows menu - has gnucash decided to ask to have its window
> be offscreen? e will dutifully honor such "stupid" requests and place the
> window off the screen as requested. i have found sometimes some apps do this.
> has no code to second-guess such "silly" requests and force the window back
> on-screen. metacity does - but at the same time this then stops legitimate
> uses
> of putting a window off the screen.

Thought about that, doesn't show up there.

> 2. e could somehow be missing/screwing up with events - a bug on e definitely

I might just update E again.  Or I might try to go back to the version I
had on fedora 6 and see if that makes a difference.

> 3. it could be having problems with remember properties and placing the window
> off screen based on these - unlikely as e tried to adjust its remember stuff
> never do this
> 4. it could have gone to another desktop?

Does not appear to be the case.  I've checked all available desktops.

> so dig in a bit. haven't seen this before. (but then i don't use gnucash :))

I posted to the gnucash list and found a few others having similar
problems, thus it could well be gnucash, although I tried it under both
kde and gnome and it does work there.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin