I've done a little research on this and it appears that PKG_CHECK_EXISTS
is supposed to be an m4 macro, but I can't find any reference to it.  I
have located the PKG_CHECK_MODULES macro in /usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4

So, I'm assuming this is an issue with Red Hat Workstation 4 and
possibly the use of a deprecated macro?  I'm reaching here, since I
don't play with m4 macros.

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions?

--
Until later, Geoffrey