Yeah, e17 rocks!

And even when the devs bust the lot for a week, rip the APIs apart and move
everything around, it's kinda fun finding the various bits that still work.
And then after a week or so most of the commits are in, everything works again
and life goes back to boring old same old.

Things ain't ever gonna be the same again once raster releases this thing :-)

Apparently, though unproven, at 22:39 on Friday 15 October 2010, Christian
Ullmann did opine thusly:

> Im using E 17 since 2006 (or 05?) in a productive environment. There
> were some crashes while reconfiguring E17 but never while Im working.
>
> Before E17 I was using E16 or tried around with FVWM or Afterstep but
> they were never a WM so stable & fast & simple & complex & so eyecandy
> like E17!
>
> Albert Sunseri wrote:
> > Heck,
> > I use e16 on 2 boxes and Eterm on several more.
> > E17 is on my favorite laptop, which I use daily and people get jealous
> > of because of how beautiful it is.
> > I just take it for granted, because it works, never crashes and looks
> > damn good.
> > And chicks dig the different themes.
> >
> > -Al
> >

> > On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 2:11 AM, Wilkinson, Alex
> >
> > <alex.wilkin...@dsto.defence.gov.au> wrote:
> >>    0n Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 02:44:39PM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> >>    >On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 00:08:14 -0500 Larry <llwy...@suddenlink.net>
> >>    >said:
> >>    >
> >>    >thanks! a wonderful change to have these mails as opposed to only
> >>    >"something doesnt work for me" :) - sometimes i get the impression
> >>    >that only a few of us have working stuff and the rest of the world
> >>    >just cant get anything to work that we do :) (mostly because you
> >>    >get silence from the happy ones and noise from the unhappy only) :)
> >>
> >> I've been using an old snapshot (0.16.999.042_6,2) on freebsd for about
> >> 12 months and even that is sensational! So i also want to say thanks!
> >> (i cant wait for the port to be upgraded to test the latest and
> >> greatest e).
> >>
> >>   -Alex
> >>
> >> IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence
> >> and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act
> >> 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are requested to
> >> contact the sender and delete the email.

alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com