On Monday 03 January 2011 16:37:12 Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 12:44:22 +0000 Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> said:
> > On Sunday 14 November 2010 10:43:54 you wrote:

> > > no - gkrellems own window content is its problem (unless its being
> > > composited - then it may be a compositor thing). if its that gkrellem
> > > is gone and desktop didnt redraw - that is another bug too but i
> > > havent see anything like that
> >
> > Yes, it was the compositor!  Thank you.  :-)
> >
> > I found that once compositing was enabled I couldn't disable the darn
> > thing! I had to blow away ~/.e and start again.
> >
> > BTW I do not have ecomorph installed or anything too heavy and the
> > composite engine was set to Software not OpenGL.
>
> still got your bug?

I'm on a different revision now (55768), different xorg-server (1.9.2), have
enabled KMS in the kernel and do not have compositing enabled.  Too many
things have changed to draw any parallels I guess, but:

I just re-enabled compositing (software) and unfortunately gkrellms still
misbehave (they are not redrawn when a panel is added or removed).

Also, I cannot disable compositing once I enable it.  Although I can untick
it, the changes do not take.

Is there config file I can manually change this?

PS.  I do not dare enabling opengl for compositing because last time X would
crash every time.
--
Regards,
Mick