Hey gents,
  I'm using an old thinkpad and trying to get e17 screen rotation to work.
A simple workaround seems to be that I could write a toggle script to get
and set the Resolution settings -> Screen rotation config option, binding it
to the laptop's screen rotation button, but I cannot figure out how to get
or set the config option outside the gui.

I know enlightenment_remote has been deprecated.  Is this the sort of thing
dbus can be used for?  I've never used dbus and don't know of any other
potential tools for doing this job, really... if anyone knows anything that
might help push me in the right direction, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!

--
The right understanding of any matter and a misunderstanding of the same
matter do not wholly exclude each other. -- Franz Kafka, "The Trial"