Apparently, though unproven, at 23:28 on Thursday 02 June 2011, Jeff Hoogland
did opine thusly:

> I'd recommend removing E16 and giving E17 a try :)

Lets be honest though, e16 and e17 are two completely different products that
share only two things in common:

- the same word in the name
- raster (and a few more devs)

If a user wants e16 then advising e17 is not really appropriate is it?

<jeffhoogl...@gmail.com>wrote:
> >>  *Sounds like a GDM issue then. Try installing LXDM or KDM and using one
> >>
> >> of those as the default login manager.*

alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com