On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 13:58, Jeff Hoogland <jeffhoogl...@linux.com> wrote:
> Boris -
>
> Whats the main difference between the two? I was not aware e-tiling existed.

With the original tiling module, I couldn't do what I wanted: being
able to resize columns. I started working on it but I saw that I'd be
rewriting it all to make it do what I wanted and I was going to break
the existing configuration. I forked it into "e-tiling".

I wrote a little presentation of the module there:
http://www.billiob.net/blog/20110717_etiling.html .

Bugs I'm aware of:
- drag windows between desktops and it will get nasty.
- dual screen support: I still can not test it.

"Tiling" doesn't seem to be maintained where as "e-tiling" is. I've
been using "e-tiling" for months but it can still be buggy at times.

--
Boris Faure