Trying to understand the different theme mechanisms here.

Can elementary apps use the main enlightenment theme?

I've tried using the current default theme, and a couple
others I've downloaded (A-Crema and A-Japan2011).

Menus, icons, window decorations are all fine. But apps using
the elementary toolkit are defaulting to what appears to be the
old black-and-white theme.

I see there's the configuration option in settings panel for
elementary, but the theme lists only the default. Do themes
need to be created separately for elementary?

--
gav