Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman), il 24/07/2013 11:17, ha scritto:

>> On my Acer laptop Fn+LeftArrow and Fn+RightArrow are used to dim/undim
>> the screen, and they used to work both in Gnome and in E until a while
>> ago (not sure when). Now they don't work anymore under E18. If I press
>> them I see the focused window is reacting, and if I try to bind an
>> action to them I see that E recognize them as XF86BrightnessAdjust and
>> XF86PowerDown, and no matter the action I assign them they still don't work.
>
> that smells like a keymap mapping them to these keys, or a .xmodmap file. but
> the keymap seems wrong then to me - kbd is producing the wrong keysyms at the
> level.

The thing I don't understand is why this happened suddenly. I don't have
any custom .xmodmap, if the problem is in the system one it should
affect other Acer users running debian jessie as well.
Is there anyone? :)

--

  Massimo Maiurana               GPG keyID #7044D601

  La fede e' credere in cio' che sai non essere vero
                    [Mark Twain]