On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 18:19:42 +0200 Massimo Maiurana <maiur...@gmail.com> said:

> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman), il 29/09/2013 14:55, ha scritto:
>
> > that's just how its structured. a window contains a split. the split may
> > have 1 or 2 elements. each element can be a split, OR a list  of terms
> > (tabs). that's just the code infra inside. struct me - it's a pita to go
> > re-jigging it.
>
> Uhm, ok.
> And what about scripting? I've seen in the TODO that having ty remember
> its layouts is a wanted feature, but in the meantime is there a way to
> tell ty to open a certain number of tabs with given command in them?

nope. :) tabs (and splits) still have core issues splits dont resize by char
cell sizes for example - that means they regularly have "invalid" sizes. i know
that it would be incredibly useful to be able to move tabs around between
splits or move them out to a new window. and terminology has had problems in
deleting splits in the past but i nver narrowed down to exactly what/why - what
logic path was it? how to reproduce?...

> Let's say for example that I want a 3-tabs terminal with a plain
> terminal in the first tab, mc in the second tab and tail monitoring the
> syslog in the third. Could I obtain it with a command or a script?

nope. :)