= Python-EFL 1.8.1 release =

We are pleased to announce that **Python-EFL** 1.8.1 is now released and
available for download.

== Download ==

| |
http://download.enlightenment.org/rel/bindings/python/python-efl-1.8.1.tar.gz|
| **md5sum** | ca71f501c7e0479f15d2746380b0f81d |
| **sha1sum** | 93962e8269c89f708b967ad4d99028bff2a168f7 |

| |
http://download.enlightenment.org/rel/bindings/python/python-efl-1.8.1.tar.bz2|
| **md5sum** | dafb875fbe7f5874ecf3db3cf351e1fe |
| **sha1sum** | 82b34b9336d517537b2a4032dff9d1e2de8b8dd8 |

For convenience the tarballs only contain intermediary C source generated
from our Cython source, which is publicly accessible in our git repository
at:

https://git.enlightenment.org/bindings/python/python-efl.git/

----

= Changes since release 1.8.0 =

Kai Huuhko (14):
  - Elementary.general: Add missing enums that were documented but not
added.
  - Elementary.web: updates to work with the new webkit-efl snapshot.
  - Use uintptr_t instead of long or unsigned long for handling pointers.
  - Tests: Decrease verbosity and buffer the output when running full suite.
  - Tests: Simple beginnings for Elm unit tests, enabled Eo tests.
  - Force default visibility in CFLAGS.
  - setup.py: os.environ.has_key -> os.getenv
  - Documentation: Add missed versionadded entries, fix formatting.
  - Elementary: Add missing smart callbacks.
  - Add Python 2.6 compatibility, disabled one API method in evas.Image
  - Tests: Removed expected failure from a test that now works
  - Edje: Re-enable edje-edit.
  - Update TODO
  - Bump versions/years for release.

davemds (4):
  - Python-EFL: 5 new tests about Focus.
  - unbroke the emotion example
  - Try to fix evas SmartObject
  - fix imports in elm tooltip example

----

= Building and Dependencies =

If you have existing Python-EFL or the old split 1.7 release bindings
installed, you may wish to uninstall them before compiling and installing
to avoid possible conflicts during install and/or runtime.

The bindings are compiled against the following libraries:

  * python (Python 2.6+/3.0+, or PyPy (not tested))
  * efl (1.8)
  * elementary (1.8, optional)
  * python-dbus (0.83+, optional)

The setup script detects your installed libraries and builds bindings
according to those found.

To install the bindings run:

  (sudo) python setup.py install

To generate the documentation locally you need:

  * sphinx (1.0+)
  * graphviz (optional)

To build the documentation:

  python setup.py build_doc

For more information on available build options see:

  python setup.py --help

----

= Projects using Python-EFL =

| Project | Website | Source |
| -------- | ---------- | -------- |
| **EpyMC** - Media Center |
https://github.com/DaveMDS/epymc/wiki/The-Emotion-Media-Center |
https://github.com/DaveMDS/epymc |
| **Espionage** - D-Bus inspector |
https://phab.enlightenment.org/w/projects/espionage/ |
http://git.enlightenment.org/apps/espionage.git |
| **Epour** - BitTorrent Client |
https://phab.enlightenment.org/w/projects/epour/ |
http://git.enlightenment.org/apps/epour.git/ |
| **Econnman** - Connman GUI |
https://phab.enlightenment.org/w/projects/econnman/ |
http://git.enlightenment.org/apps/econnman.git/ |
| **eInfo** - System Information Tool |
http://forums.bodhilinux.com/index.php?/topic/8289-einfo-system-information/|
https://github.com/antcer1213/einfo |
| **eAndora** - GUI for Pandora Internet Radio |
http://forums.bodhilinux.com/index.php?/topic/7365-eandora-elm-pandora-client/|
https://github.com/JeffHoogland/eandora |
| **egitu** - GUI for Git version control | |
https://github.com/DaveMDS/egitu |

... and many more that cannot fit in this short list.