Dear terminology creators,

First, it's very beautiful, and nicely crafted with care and love -
that's the most obvious first impression.

Second, the font rendering is superb, and it runs mc wonderfully as
well.

What follows will be some observations that may be configurable, but I
just don't know enough about it yet after a day of playing with it.

* using git code from yesterday (Mar 14, 2014)

* tabbing w/ ctrl-pg{up,dwn} should wrap around in a ring, or be
  configurable to do that if desired.

* command mode should have a '?' or 'help' command

* ctrl-[0-9] does not work to jump to a tab for me for some reason

* shft-numpad{+,-} does not change the font size for me for some reason.

* with many tabs enabled, ctrl-shft-home brings up a view of the tabs,
  but moving mouse up or down does not scroll the instances very well.
  allowing the scroll-wheel here would be intuitive and useful. Another
  thought would be to initially grid them all to fit, then mousing over
  each would zoom it enough to see the text, and a click would select
  it. Indeed, having multiple display modes/methods would be cool.

* coming in/out of config, multi-line prompts are incorrectly displayed.
  It seems related to how the right-click menu slides in. I am using
  this theme-able prompt (progit theme):
  https://github.com/christopher-barry/bash-color-tools.git
  disclaimer: I wrote it.

* the config page is white on my box (still running e17 though) and
  does not match the default dark theme. I assume this has to do with
  not having all the right new stuff yet though.

* should window splits stay in the same tab? This would be nice for
  keeping a specific split setup on a single tab. Seems like a major
  architectural thing though, and I can imagine you all debated that,
  as I assume the terminal here is a 'bigger' container than the tab,
  but just a thought that I think it would be an nice enhancement.

Anyway, major kudos to all of you that made this terminal emulator. It
is *by far* the best one I have ever used, and I've been using Unix and
Linux since the early '90s. Absolutely awesome job!

--
Regards,
Christopher Barry

Random geeky fortune: