On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 23:00:37 -0400
Brandon Perkins <ingeniar...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have 64bit Debian Jessie and I am using the e17 from the Debian repo.
>I had to reinstall my debian repo and the enlightenment desktop
>environment because my school tech support claimed they had to wipe
>everything in order to successfully reinstall my windows partition.
>Soooo....
>
>My first problem is that when I try to run an e17 session the DE will
>freeze up in a weird way.  I can move my mouse around but I can't
>access any menus or open windows.  And if I have a window open before
>it freezes then it is stuck there (can't be closed, moved around, or
>closed).  I have to hold the power button to force a shutdown.
>
>The second problem has to do with removing it.  I can't seem to get
>rid of the configuration files that were created during the initial
>setup of e17, because I feel this might be part of the reason to the
>first problem.  For the compositing and special effects settings I had
>disabled everything ( I just wanted to disable compositing, but I
>disabled the other two options cause I thought wouldn't need them),
>but I think disabling the last two options may have caused the
>freezing.  But since I can't seem to erase the configuration files,
>reinstalling e17 seems pointless.
>
>Does someone know how to fix this problem?

do the following from the linux terminal (use 'ctl-alt-f1' from
your login manager) *without* e running:

mv ~/.e ~/.e-old

then do an 'alt-f7' (ctl not needed from the terminal) to get back to
the login manager, and then login to e. It will run through initial
setup, and you'll have the default configuration.

-C