OK, so I've had several cocktails, it is Friday night - er, ok
Saturday morn, after all, so take anything I say with a grain of salt...

Disclaimer: I can never use another WM. Not an option. It's e or the
command line. Period. gnome, KDE, lxde, anything Ubuntu? nah. been
there, done that. I'm hooked on e. On Debian sid of course.

Yet some things perplex me. Maybe it's my settings are weird (I use
focus follows mouse). Maybe no developer uses or even tests with my
settings. dunno.

But why, please tell me, when I'm in the file manager, and I hover over
a file or directory, a dialog with a massive icon pops up, covering over
most everything, that I cannot access or use! When I move the mouse to
get there it disappears on me. It's frustrating. Also, why such a huge
icon? I already know what it's icon is - I'm looking at it to
highlight the file. I probably really want more details about this file
or directory, not a bigger icon view. A big icon may be prettier or
clearer, but it does nothing to answer my questions... Luckily, I'm a
heavy shell and mc user, so it's not *that* big a deal, but still, it's
weird by any analysis. Form should always follow function.

On the topic of file managers, most ignore one of the most basic
desired functions: actually display the entire file (regardless of
type) in a pane when you highlight the filename!

With a simple filetype viewer plugin architecture, the owner of the
filetype can actually code the viewer for you!

Thumbnails are great, and needed, but being able to view files in the
file manager is *golden* (as in xtree gold-en ;) I hope maybe others who
are coding the e file manager think so too...

--
Regards,
Christopher Barry

Random geeky fortune:
I cannot believe that God plays dice with the cosmos.
   -- Albert Einstein