On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 12:08:29 +0900
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 22:59:41 -0400 Christopher Barry
><christopher.r.ba...@gmail.com> said:
>
>> On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 11:11:51 +0900
>> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

>> >well i guess you have a broken system to fix up. i dont use nvidia's
>> >installer
>> >- pretty much never. packages in ubuntu handled that before and arch
>> >handles it for me... maybe use your distro packages?
>> >

>> Those would be symlinks that are missing I think... They'll need to
>> point to the correct lib version. Could /etc/alternatives be involved
>> at all?
>
>dunno. i stopped using ubuntu and deb things a while back. things for
>me "just work". you will have to ask whoever supports your distro as
>to how things broke... :)

replying to the list this time...

My guess is that the things were not packages, hence the partial
setup, but I could be wrong. Debian is actually fantastic if you use
packages. If you install a lot of stuff from random installers or your
own compiles not made into packages, then it gets interesting...

update-alternatives could be the answer. or not. :)

--
Regards,
Christopher Barry

Random geeky fortune: