Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 08:19:17 -0400
From: Christopher Barry <christopher.r.ba...@gmail.com>
To: Yomi Ogunwumi <abyo...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [e-users] Debugging

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 22:27:10 -0400
Yomi Ogunwumi <abyo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Moving from phab to the mailing list...
>
>Wednesday, June 4th — 9.57am
>
>I think Finding memory problems with valgrind in Debugging needs to be
>rewritten.
>
>Yesterday I was using it to attempt to provide useful information for
>T1315 and T1277. I followed it, but when it gets to launching another
>X Server and starting enlightenment, everything started to fall apart.
>The X Server starts, but trying to run E on it failed for me, all I
>got was a black screen and a cursor.
>
>* You don't need to run valgrind separately.
>* It never covers the options of `enlightenment` or
>`enlightenment_start`.
>* Assumes that the reader/user is looking for memory problems by
>default.
>
>I'd make the (limited) changes myself, but I want to know if anyone
>else had anything to say. I don't know what else I'd add, as I'm not
>really well versed with debugging.
>
>Also, does anyone know how to kill an X Server started with sudo X
>-ac :1 ? htop doesn't seem to help.
>
>Yomi

$ sudo pkill -f "X -ac :1"

that should find the correct x instance.

$ sudo pkill -n X

may also work, but ymmv.

On Debian-based systems, pkill and pgrep are found in the 'procps'
package.

--
Regards,
Christopher Barry

Random geeky fortune:
Learned men are the cisterns of knowledge, not the fountainheads.