> hey what a great work here !
>
> some thoughts/ideas
>
> Is the webserver wire compliant with xbmc ? so you could benefits from
> all xbmc apps (like yatse) to remote control it from your coutch.

no, it is not compatible, for the moment it just serve a (skinnable) html
page
that simulate a remote (play, pause, etc). So it is usable by any device
with a webrowser.

I dont know how the xbmc one work, if the protocol is simple then it can be
easily implemented in epymc.

> One of the common issue with all mediaserver softwares it that there
> are no backend/frontend separation. But the backend is basically the
> same problem for everyone, the frontend differs in its implementation
> (EFL/xbmc/...). This could merge efforts on the backend side with all
> networking/sharing/stuff and each project implements its frontend.

epymc is not in any way a mediaserver, is more a mediaclient :)

> The success for a project like this is to be embedded in a distro
> (like openelec for xbmc). Being wire compatible, you could be an
> alternative integrated into openelec.

Indeed, I was looking for an integration in openelec, but its a quite big
task, someone else should do this