Tassilo,

I don't know how E19 handles tiling, but with a 'true' tiling window
manager (twm) you attach windows to keyboard shortcuts, creating a
personalised group of stuff you like to have together.

Ultimately it is these shortcuts that act as a 'virtual desktop', as a twm
doesn't normally need a virtual desktop as you may be used to it.

Personally I have to admit that I have never been able to keep track of the
windows I have open. And with a eeepc the screen just isn't big enough to
have more that one app on full screen at a time any others jus sit over the
top as required.

Sounds to me like the solution in E is rather good. Best ,or is it worst,
of both worlds. I'll have to try it.

David.