Morten Nilsen ha scritto il 18/10/2014 alle 16:02:
> I seem to have some strange behaviour here..
> After logging out of gnome and into e, my touchpad works with tap to
> click and horizontal scrolling.
>
> But if I log straight into e after booting, I only have vertical
> scrolling and I have to press the physical button to click.
>
> There is an option in gnome to enable tap to click, which is default off.
>
> Is there some way to get these features to work as expected in e, or is
> my quickest option to run gnome-settings-daemon, which I presume will
> have some effect on this?

Just create a configuration file in /etx/X11/xorg.conf.d (at least on
debian, don't know if your distro put them elsewhere) and list all the
options you need. For example this is the content of my
/etx/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-synaptics.conf:

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "touchpad catchall"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "synaptics"
        Option "MaxTapTime" "0"
        Option "VertEdgeScroll" "1"
EndSection

In my case I disable tapping and enable only the vertical scrolling,
basically the configuration you don't want :D

--
Massimo Maiurana
Ragusa (RG)