I have just received a new laptop and I am running into problems with e17,
e18 and e19.

The laptop has the GeForce GTX 860M, which means I have to deal with
Optimus.

If I try to work w/ bumblebee, I get a warning when I start e saying my
card doesn't support OpenGL. This makes sense, I think, because you have to
run each application via optimus to use the Nvidia chip. The wm itself is
running on the intel chip.

If I do the more recent xrandr configurations, I get a mostly blank screen.
Mostly. Because I can see the pointer, and if I click it changes color. But
nothing else is shown on the screen.

I can try to provide more information if required, but I am mostly curious
to know if anybody else has gotten e18 or e19 to work using the second
method. It is a big laptop with a lot of disk and the battery life will be
close to 0 regardless of what tricks I pull with the graphics. Failing
that, does anybody know the proper invocations/methods/whatever to start
e18 or e19 such that the nvidia chip is always being used via bumblebee?

Thanks,
Mik

PS - Gmail is giving me fits. My apologies is this email is sent twice.

--
In a world of pirate v. ninja, I pilot a gundam

--
In a world of ninja v. pirate, I pilot a Gundam