Hi. This is happening to me since many releases ago, but
I didn't reported because it only happens when I log out
and in. And as usually I only put the PC to sleep, well
whatever.

I have a Catalan-Spanish keyboard, when I log in it is
always in english. When I type local keys as 'ñ' or 'ç'
I get the ';' or '\' chars instead.

I check in Configuration -> language -> Language preferences
and "Catalan" is selected, echo $LANG is ca_ES.UTF-8 but I
get the wrong keys anyway.

To solve it I select English language , apply, select
Catalan again and it works fine.

Please, let me know if I rather report a bug or is something
that must be wrong in my own computer. Thank you.