On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 20:00:48 +0100
Morten Nilsen <mor...@runsafe.no> wrote:

>On 09/12/14 05:01, David Seikel wrote:
>>> we could dd cropping to the screenshot module, but that feature
>>> isn't there right now. the alternative is to save to file, crop
>>> using gimp or something then share that image via imgur or other
>>> means...
>>
>> If you are going to crop, or otherwise post process the screen shot,
>> using GIMP, just use GIMP to take the region / screen shot.  Saves a
>> step.  No idea if GIMP can handle 4K screens, I don't have one.  GIMP
>> can be scripted, but I've not tried, so no idea if this is a suitable
>> task for GIMP scripting.  Though sure, if all you want is a quick
>> screen grab and post to the web, GIMP might be overkill.
>>

>Sorry, having to open gimp to take a screenshot before uploading it is
>just not worth it, at all.
>
>I ended up with this shell script, and it works fairly well;
>https://github.com/jomo/imgur-screenshot
>
>I do however get this error whenever I use it;
>http://i.imgur.com/mGndeQj.png
>
>Can that error be removed through some action of mine,
>or is it just a plain old bug?

Morten,

I don't use imgur personally, but I use blender a lot, and paste there
whenever I need help on the irc channel, and the preferred pasting site
is: http://www.pasteall.org/ (if you were so inclined to add that
destination :)

I will say your bash coding style is very refreshing. I'm a bit of a
bash hacker myself, and I abhor the overuse of capitals in so much
bash. since you use git, you might find this theme-able git dashboard
prompt useful: https://github.com/christopher-barry/bash-color-tools

accepting new prompt themes if you're so inclined... :)

--
Regards,
Christopher Barry

Random geeky fortune:
broad-mindedness, n:
        The result of flattening high-mindedness out.