Cool! Take a look at the following Debian package I created for Rage:

https://launchpad.net/~martinx/+archive/ubuntu/enlightenment/+files/rage_0.1.0-0utopic0.debian.tar.gz

It is one of the simplest package I created so far (in fact, I copied it
from other guy as an example and I modified it)...

The dependency list is fully automated / dynamic. Only the "Build-Depends"
needs to be manually filled, but it is just one line at debian/control file.

It is a bit "complex" because it have postinst and postrm scripts, and it
package the docs (not yet ready)...

Cheers!