I have a need to record sound and video from a particular window.  I've
tried recordMyDesktop, but it can't handle specifying a particular
window, though it claims to.  It might be some incompatibility with
E19.  What happens is that I start it recording a particular window on
a particular virtual desktop, but when I move to another virtual
desktop, the recording moves with me, recording the other windows and
desktops, instead of sticking with recording the given window.  Which
makes it tricky for lengthy recordings when I want to go do other things
while I wait.

Now I know E could handle that to an extent, the pager shows real
time video of the correct window no matter what I do.  So I figure half
the functionality is in there somewhere.  Would be good if the other
half was in a module or something.  I can't find any such module
though, and I don't feel like writing one right now (got no time lol).

I use Pulse for audio, and it would be great if it could record sound
from a specific Pulse device.  I'd like to feed the the audio from the
window to my headphone device, then mute the headphones.  So I don't
have to listen to it while recording, but can listen to other stuff,
and the recording doesn't pick up the other stuff.  RecordMyDesktop can
deal with that, I tell Pulse to feed the monitor of my headphone
device's output into recordMyDesktop.

Does any one know about any other video recording software that will do
what I need?  Preferably something that works fine under Ubuntu 12.04.