On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 3:21 AM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 14 May 2016 22:39:28 -0400 Conrad Knight <iestynap...@gmail.com> said:
>
>> I seem to have run into a conflict with efl, enlightenment, and nvidia
>> GLX libraries, and i'm not sure where the problem lies. While running
>> E-0.20.6, or E-0.21-beta, any windows opened have completely black
>> contents.
>
> you could switch to egl/gles ... :)

So, the problem doesn't happen with an older nvidia driver (358), and
i wanted to try again with a more recent driver (367) and the released
E-21 (previously i had been using the beta E-21).

I had the exact same problem... So i tried the above suggestion. After
digging through the configure options for the various libraries and a
few false starts, i found you have to add:
   --enable-egl --with-opengl=es
to the configure options for efl. I then recompiled elementary and
enlightenment to be on the safe side and it works! Window contents are
back, using the newer driver.

Quick question, though: What possible consequences are there from
switching to egl? Besides the obvious, that it works while gl didn't
:) Specifcally, setting the above opengl option to "es" instead of the
default "full"?

Thanks,
-Conrad.

--