I'm running e17 under Ubuntu 15.10 on a Dell Latitude D810.

The keyboard provides Fn up-arrow and Fn down-arrow to control screen
brightness, but they only provide one step, about a 5% change in
intensity up or down.

I have tried but failed to find anywhere in the e menus a setting or
widget to make the screen brighter or dimmer — they offer lots of other
settings like power control and dim-screen-after-n-seconds, but I am
somehow missing the fundamental ones to make the display brighter or dimmer.

Is this even possible through the e controls?

///Peter