On 01/04/2017 02:00 PM, Mark Dickie wrote:
> Hi Peter
>
> At the bottom are what I use on debian testing.... should cover all
> available options including dependencies for e with wayland:
>
> However! some of the package names in Ubuntu are slightly different from
> those in Debian

I thought it might be something like that.

> so for example
>
> apt-cache search libpng dev
>
>  in debian shows:
>
> libpng-dev - PNG library - development (version 1.6)

I just tried it again on another machine which has been upgraded from
version to version of Ubuntu over years, and this time it appears
already to have libpng12-dev, presumably left over from an earlier version.

But it's still failing on libxp-dev which appears not to exist at all.

Does anyone know what it is supposed to do and what its Ubuntu
equivalent is?

///Peter