On 11/15/2017 01:39 AM, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 16:55:29 +0100 Pierre Couderc <pie...@couderc.eu> said:

e fails when starting GenTOLpatch applications : blocked with cursor
active but mouse and keybord buttons inactive. Needs to kill it.

Is there a mistake in this desktop file ?

Desktop Entry]
Name=GenTOLpatch
CExec=perl /var/d/TOLutils/GenTOLpatch/exec.pl
Icon=GenTOLpatch
Comment=GenTOLpatch
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Utility;

knowing that "perl /var/d/TOLutils/GenTOLpatch/exec.pl" works ok.
where is e blocked? go to a text console and:

killall -SEGV enlightenment

you'll get your usual crash handler + ~/.e-crashdump.txt and that backtrace
might help.

Thank you, I am not able to read (it is in www.tol.fr/download/e-crashdump.txt ).

But I have tried to simplify the problem by clicking in the ibar icon at the beginning of the session. It does block no more but I get a messageĀ  "Enlightenment was unable to fork a child process".

So my question is now, why I success to excute "/var/d/TOLutils/GenTOLpatch/exec.pl" in terminology and not from the ibar icon ?