On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 12:10:54 +0100 Pierre Couderc <pie...@couderc.eu> said:

> A few questions :
>
> 1- where are introduced and defined Eva_Coord ?

Evas_Coord ... in headers. it's just typedef'd to an int. grep for typedef and
Evas_Coord in evas's public header files.

my first port of call always for such kind of information is grepping the
header files for the typedef or the struct name or union name etc. etc. to see
what it is.

> 2- how do get a minimum width for an entry  creates by (elm_entry_add)
> and added by elm_box_pack_end? I have tried
> evas_object_size_hint_min_set() without success.

a scrollable entry will not have a minimum width (well it'll be very small)
because it CAN scroll. if it's not scrollable then that size will depend on the
text content and keep changing as the content changes and is evaluated...
setting the min size hint is going to fight with the widget that sets this min
size hint itself based on content (both scrollable and not scrollable set it).
don't SET min (or max etc.) size hints on widgets ... that set their own. you
are just fighting them. if you want to know what the min size is as it changes,
set up a callback for the EVAS_CALLBACK_CHANGED_SIZE_HINTS event and then get
the size hints inside that.

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com