> On Monday 27 Mar 2017 20:47:29 Peter Flynn wrote:

>>> Have you tried setting something in Handlers to see if it takes?
>>> https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/114662?visit_id=0-636262376794060954-3121866498&p=ib_protocol_handler&rd=2
>>>
>> Unfortunately that's for requesting *web* services to respond to
>> protocol calls (eg make mailto: open Hotmail). It's set by
>> default, but it doesn't do anything that I can see for *programs*
>> (eg Tbird).
>
> Yes, I noticed the same just now.  I cannot add anything to it ...
> I suspect Chromium/Chrome use xdg-open, so:
> 'xdg-mime query default message/rfc822'
> should show your default application for e.g. viewing messages.

Hah. Fixed.

Nothing to do with handlers, nothing to do with MIME types.

Everything to do with xdg and its default action, which is to open a
*browser* instead of a *mailer* for mailto: actions. This is entirely
wrong, and I am shocked that the xdg project would make such an
elementary error. It also happens because xdg doesn't know about e.

Solution: edit /usr/bin/xdg-email and at the bottom, inside the case
command, add

    enlightenment)
    open_gnome "${mailto}"
    ;;

before the generic entry. Save and exit.

///Peter