On Wed, Jun 06, 2018 at 02:21:30PM +0200, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Did anyone else experience something similar? Any tips for tuning
> Enlightenment, Operating System or VirtualBox settings for better
> performances? Suggestions how to troubleshoot further?

Do you know if Gnome is using wayland or x11?  I've never had good compositing
x11 performance under VirtualBox, though I haven't tried in a while.  I've
never been able to get Wayland working at all, but I haven't that much.

Some things that might be worth looking at:

- Install virtualbox-guest-dkms and virtualbox-guest-x11 in the VM.
- Try enabling 3D accelleration on your VM and change the Enlightenment engine
  to OpenGL (Settings -> Look -> Compositor -> Rendering)
- Alternatively, if you are using OpenGL try switching to software.

Ross