On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 2:18 AM, <leoutat...@gmx.fr> wrote:
> On 3/26/19 5:38 PM, Cedric Bail wrote:
> > On Monday, March 25, 2019 6:20 AM, leoutat...@gmx.fr wrote:
> > > I use dual screen to clone laptop to TV
> > > I configured enlightenment screen, it works, but:
> >

> > > -   Video is a little cropped on TV screen on four sides.
> >

> > This is a normal behavior for TV. They do that since ancient time, like
> > from the time of the dinosaur. There isn't usually a way to circumvent
> > that, except in higher end TV where you might have a PC mode or something
> > like that. You can search google for the term overscan and your TV model.
>

> The most annoying is for shelf icons and gadgets. It would be a good
> thing to be able to move the shelf in order to avoid that it is cropped.
> I remember some desktop panels (Xfce4?) could do that.

Xrandr should be able to help you. Something like the following line could do
it:

  xrandr --output HDMI-1 --set underscan on
  xrandr --output HDMI-1 --set "underscan hborder" 40 --set "underscan vborder"
25

I encourage you to read the documentation and see how xrandr can help you here.
I guess it is something we could include in Enlightenment screen configuration
dialog.

Cedric