Okay, i can reproduce it. On my arch system there is a lua.pc which is symlinked to lua52.pc.

However, this is definitly a meson bug, can you report that bug on meson ? (https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/issues)

Greetings,
   bu5hm4n

On 12/3/19 1:19 AM, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
On Mon, Dec 02, 2019 at 06:58:09PM +0100, Marcel Hollerbach wrote:
We are not directly generating .pc files anymore, we leave that to meson, so
this bug seems to be a bug in meson. However, it seems that we are doing
some complex stuff to find the lua interpretor, maybe we are doing something
wrong.

Can you paste the meson output ?

Sure, here's "grep lua" on the meson output for arm64:

   Run-time dependency lua found: NO (tried pkgconfig and cmake)
   Run-time dependency lua51 found: NO (tried pkgconfig and cmake)
   Run-time dependency lua-5.1 found: NO (tried pkgconfig and cmake)
   Run-time dependency lua5.1 found: NO (tried pkgconfig and cmake)
   Run-time dependency lua52 found: YES 5.2.0
   Message: elua disabled!
   Configuring EluaConfigVersion.cmake using configuration

Full build log, including meson output is at:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=efl&arch=arm64&ver=1.23.3-2&stamp=1575079553&raw=0

And here's the full edje.pc result:

   prefix=/usr
   libdir=${prefix}/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu
   includedir=${prefix}/include
Name: edje
   Version: 1.23.3
   Requires: evas, eo, efl, ephysics, lua52 >= 5.2.0, lua52 < 5.3.0, lua
   Requires.private: eina, ecore, ector, emile, eet, ecore-evas, ecore-file,
ecore-input, ecore-imf, ecore-imf-evas, embryo, efreet, eio, ecore-audio,
libsystemd, libunwind-generic, freetype2, fontconfig, fribidi, harfbuzz,
wayland-client
   Libs: -L${libdir} -ledje -lm
   Libs.private: -pthread -ldl
   Cflags: -I${includedir}/edje-1

This is with meson 0.52.1-1 from Debian unstable.

Thanks
Ross