On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 11:15:49 -0400 Conrad Knight <iestynap...@gmail.com> said:

> On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 9:53 AM Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> > well you ge that because of a timeout in hearing back from efreetd. so
> > during startup e setups up a 10 second timeout
> > i can't tell you what is going wrong as you'd need to follow the
> > chain of events as to what is and is not actually happening
>
> Hmm, ok... Any suggestions on how to do this? Is there a verbose mode
> i can start E with, that will log these set and receive timer events?

well putting printfs in the code to begin getting logs. no e doesn't log every
little thing it does. chances are there need to be debug prints added to
efreetd and libefreet src too (like where it would produce the event i
mentioned).

> > > Should I manually delete those? Should i run a script
> > > to empty this directory when E quits?
> > no. it's meant to stay around.
>
> Ok, just wondering, as some of the older files have names ending in
> ".lock" and i thought perhaps they might be interfering.

no. they are lock files but just the existence does not mean a lock. they
literally have to lock the lock file itself to have a lock (fcntl + F_SETLK).

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com