On Thu, Jul 04, 2013 at 01:35:21PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Hmm, I'd have a slight preference for use of GIO's GSocket +
> GUnixSocketAddress APIs, rather than directly accessing the
> POSIX sockets APIs, if you're willing to rewrite to them.

Well, I am not that proficient at G* APIs at the moment; I've just took
a look how FreeBSD port of HAL deals with device autodetection, and
adopted that approach.  I will take a look if POSIX calls can be replaced.

> configure is actually an auto-generated file. The master
> source is in  configure.ac You'll want to conditionalize
> the call to PKG_CHECK_MODULES([GUDEV], [gudev-1.0 >= $GUDEV_REQUIRED])
> in that file instead.

Yes, I know; it just was easier for me to simply delete a bunch of lines
from configure script.  I usually try to avoid hacking on autotools code,
but I guess it should not be hard to implement correct conditional in
configure.ac.

./danfe