Public bug reported:

Sorry for my bad English.

The smbclient package doesn’t allow print in a windows 10 printer shared
via samba from a Windows 10 server. The printer queue windows shows the
error message: “Held for authentication”. Even if I write the
authentication dates in this window, the printer doesn’t work, and it
return the same message.

Writing the authentication dates in the configuration printer window
neither works: printer queue shows same message, and the printer doesn’t
print.

The Ubuntu previous version, Ubuntu 19.04, did allow do this. As
workaround I degraded the smbclient package to the Ubuntu disco version
using aptitude program. When I did this I blocked the following
packages:

libsmbclient , libwbclient0 , python3-samba , samba-common , samba-common-bin ,
samba-libs ;
and smbclient   to 2:4.10.7+dsfg-0ubuntu2.2 version.

However the Ubuntu 19.4 implementation of smbclient package doesn’t work
entirely, but every time ask for the authentication dates, although
previously I writed it in the configuration printer window.

Few days ago, I tried Manjaro KDE and Manjaro Gnome and I found same
error and same error message, so that’s why I think that this error
appears in the newer implementations of smbclient package.

Greetings.

** Affects: samba (Ubuntu)

Server/Client Support Team, which is subscribed to samba in Ubuntu.

Title:
  In Ubuntu 19.10, smbclient package doesn’t allow to print in a printer
  shared via samba from a Windows 10 server