Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better.

This sort of change would be appropriate to apply by policy change
across the entire archive, after deliberation across relevant developers
to understand if this is appropriate as a whole, rather than piece by
piece individual bugs against individual packages.

You can try to drive this on
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel-discuss or, where
this might include Debian also, at https://lists.debian.org/debian-
devel/.

Unless and until that discussion and decision happens, there's no action
to take in Ubuntu, so I'm marking this as Won't Fix for now. If a
decision is made, we can change the bug status then.

** Changed in: apache2 (Ubuntu)

Server/Client Support Team, which is subscribed to apache2 in Ubuntu.

Title:
  server doesnt restart after crash