Hi,

Short version:

I'd like to place a customized xulstore.json file somewhere in the installation path and have it copied into fresh Firefox profiles as they're created.

Long version:

After some reading and trial & error, I've found that I can populate most settings with a setup like this:

* INSTALL_DIR\defaults\pref\local-settings.js
** point to a custom config file (mozilla.cfg)

* INSTALL_DIR\browser\override.ini
** to disable profile migrations

* INSTALL_DIR\mozilla.cfg
** configure the other options

Unfortunately, I've yet to find a way to set the browser window to max size or display the Bookmarks Toolbar through a configuration setting in a file within the INSTALL_DIR path. Instead, I've found that for current versions (tested on v46.x and 47.0) that the settings are saved in FIREFOX_PROFILE_FOLDER\xulstore.json.

I was hoping that I could simply drop a customized version of that file into INSTALL_DIR\defaults\profile\ like I did in the past, but so far no such luck.

I went so far as to just pepper a test installation with copies of the file to see if it would be copied over and no luck with any of these locations:

INSTALL_DIR\defaults\profile\xulstore.json
INSTALL_DIR\defaults\preferences\xulstore.json
INSTALL_DIR\defaults\pref\xulstore.json
INSTALL_DIR\browser\defaults\profile\xulstore.json
INSTALL_DIR\browser\defaults\preferences\xulstore.json

At that point I was doing the equivalent of a blindfolder dart toss, so I'm not too surprised I didn't find success.

Thanks in advance for reading this and for offering any tips/suggestions. I think I've come close to exhausting what I know to do.