I'm sorry for bothering the list with this, but before I try to report
this to the list admins properly, I want to try to figure out whether or
not it's happening for anyone else.

Is it just me, or have the Mozilla mailing lists started to send out
duplicate copies of messages?

Since sometime yesterday morning, I have been receiving anywhere
from two to five copies of some messages through the Mozilla mailing
lists, including this one.

The duplicate copies do not arrive immediately; rather, they trickle in
over the course of hours or days. (I just now received my fifth copy of
"Crawford, Roger"'s message which read

> 2017? That's like an eternity in my world! (grin)

which is dated 2016-09-14 10:46, i.e. roughly 36 hours ago; all of the
copies show this same timestamp. For all I know duplicate copies may
continue to show up in the future.)

The duplicate messages seem identical in every outward way, including
Message-ID. However, a check with one of the "remove duplicate messages"
Thunderbird extensions finds only one duplicate of any given message,
and no duplicates at all for some messages - so there is almost
certainly some difference somewhere.

Not all messages seem to be duplicated this way. Every message I've
received through mozilla-enterprise since the problem first appeared has
been duplicated at least once, and so have a few of the messages I've
received through tb-planning, but I've also received at least two
messages through tb-planning which don't seem to have been duplicated -
at least not yet.

I have not (yet) noticed any duplicates through firefox-dev or
dev-apps-thunderbird, to which I am also subscribed, although few if any
messages seem to have arrived there during the affected timeframe.

None of the numerous non-Mozilla mailing lists to which I am subscribed
seem to have manifested this behavior thus far.

- --
  Andrew J. Buehler