On 9/15/2016 7:48 PM, Andrew J. Buehler wrote:

I'm sorry for bothering the list with this, but before I try to report
this to the list admins properly, I want to try to figure out whether or
not it's happening for anyone else.

Is it just me, or have the Mozilla mailing lists started to send out
duplicate copies of messages?

Since sometime yesterday morning, I have been receiving anywhere
from two to five copies of some messages through the Mozilla mailing
lists, including this one.

The duplicate copies do not arrive immediately; rather, they trickle in
over the course of hours or days. (I just now received my fifth copy of
"Crawford, Roger"'s message which read

2017? That's like an eternity in my world! (grin)

which is dated 2016-09-14 10:46, i.e. roughly 36 hours ago; all of the
copies show this same timestamp. For all I know duplicate copies may
continue to show up in the future.)

The duplicate messages seem identical in every outward way, including
Message-ID. However, a check with one of the "remove duplicate messages"
Thunderbird extensions finds only one duplicate of any given message,
and no duplicates at all for some messages - so there is almost
certainly some difference somewhere.

I see duplicates for Sept 14th and 15th, but none since then. I use Postfix/Dovecot on server and Mozilla Thunderbird as my IMAP client. I don't recall duplicates on other lists, but I haven't checked for them.

I can look closer at the mail logs if this continues to be an issue and anyone needs more sample data.