I've tried to review many blogs/forum strings that discuss getting Firefox to
use the local computer certificates stores on Windows. I didn't want to bother
this group with this issue unless I at least tried to figure some things out
for myself. So far I have been unsuccessful to get this to work.

We use an executable that installs CA certs in the Trusted Root and
Intermediate certificate local computer certificate stores on Window 7/10
workstations, as well as 2008/2012/2016 servers. We have domains that have
anywhere from 200 to 3000 computers that need CA certificates to be updated on
a regular basis. If FireFox could use those same certs, it'd be a lot less
complicated to update the Firefox settings to use the appropriate root &
intermediate CA certs.

We would like to leverage the security.enterprise_roots.enabled setting to
allow the Firefox browser to use the CA certificates we place in the local
computer certificate stores.

I've tried configuring a Windows 7 (64-bit) machine with Firefox ESR 52.3, to
use the local computer certificate stores.
security.enterprise_roots.enabled=true. I've then tried to browse to HTTPS
sites that require our workstations to have the supporting CAs installed,
before the website is presented. So far, I've been unable to get this to work.
Is there some setting/configuration that I may be overlooking, which is causing
Firefox to not use the local computer certificate stores? I've also tried doing
the same on my work laptop & get the same results. (using FireFox 55.0 (32-bit))

If I manually load the root and intermediate certificates into Firefox on a
workstation, I'm able to access the secure websites.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated to get this option to work.

Sincerely,

Lance Spencer