It is my understanding that Java NPAPI plugins are only supported on 52-ESR
32-bit.

*Important:* The Windows 64-bit version of Firefox 52 ESR only supports the
> Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight plugins. If you also need support for
> Java or other installed plugins, choose the Windows (32-bit) download.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/npapi-plugins

Because of this, I'm holding out on 64-bit ESR until FF60.

Kris Lou
k...@themusiclink.net