I'm installing Firefox, then copying the following policies.json into the \program files\mozilla firefox\distribution folder but some of the time the settings take and sometimes they don't.

Some of the computers I'm putting Firefox on already had Firefox and I'm doing an uninstall then reinstall, and on others it's a fresh install.

What am I doing wrong?

{
  "policies": {
    "DisableBuiltinPDFViewer": true,
    "DisplayBookmarksToolbar": true,
    "DisplayMenuBar": true,
    "DontCheckDefaultBrowser": false,
    "FlashPlugin": {
      "Default": true
    },
    "NetworkPrediction": true,
    "Proxy": {
      "AutoLogin": true,
      "Mode": "none",
      "SOCKSVersion": 4,
      "UseHTTPProxyForAllProtocols": true,
      "UseProxyForDNS": false
    },
    "SearchEngines": {
      "Default": "Google",
      "PreventInstalls": true
    }
  }
}

Things that work randomly:

    "DisplayBookmarksToolbar": true,
    "DisplayMenuBar": true

    These two work some of the time (I'd say about 70%).  The rest of the time, I get none or one of the toolbars.

    I'm not sure if the other settings hold 100% of the time, because I can't check every install, but the toolbars are obvious.

BTW, the line     "DontCheckDefaultBrowser": false  has the opposite affect.  If I include this line, then Firefox never asks if it should be the default, and if I don't include it, it asks about 80% of the time.

Any advice would be appreciated.

--
Thane K. Sherrington

Computer Connection, Ltd. ...taking the mystery out of computers since 1982.
Winner of the 2012 Ian Spencer - Excellence in Business Award
*Thanks for making us the Reader's Choice Best Computer Store in 2016, 2017, and 2018!*
95 College St., Antigonish,
NS B2G 1X6
902-863-3361 (phone)
902-863-2580 (fax)