That is the behavior I'm getting as well. It says "Firefox Home (default)" and shows that page which I set using policies.json.

I think this is by design (it changes the default page to what you set it to be). If I want to change it I need to change that as custom

I didn't think there were anything wrong with that.

My problem is that "new tab" says the same and actually gives you Firefox Home. With policies you can't set that to anything, for example blank page, you can only disable it with NewTabPage policy.

About policies says:

homepage        startpage       "homepage"
                URL              "what I set it to be"

Timo Pietilä