On 29.7.2019 20.06, Mike Kaply wrote:
On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 2:51 AM Timo Pietilä <timo.piet...@helsinki.fi <mailto:timo.piet...@helsinki.fi>> wrote:

    I don't quite understand that logic, doesn't disabling app update using
    json -file create exactly same problem? Or is the problem in
    non-corporate users disabling the update check using preferences (and
    json -file being pain in the to get correctly done too hard for lusers
    to make)?

The second part. We wanted to make it so it could be done, but was harder than just clicking something in preferences.

Also, changing policies.json also means it can't be done by a drive by application that modifies the profile.

OK, feels weird that someone not in corporation would disable updating completely, though I do understand wanting to choose when FF checks for updates (IE. no auto-update without notification, update only when FF is active...which is in options so no preference modification needed).

Of course someone might want to stick on some version that works better than modern one (for running some old necessary add-on for example), but those would be really specific cases.

BTW, in this message I have only "reply" and "reply to all", not "reply list" for some reason. All your previous messages in this thread have possibility to "reply list". Weird. (using TB 60.7.1). I apologize if I have posted directly to you sometimes.

Timo Pietilä