Von: Timo Pietilä <timo.piet...@helsinki.fi>
Gesendet: Freitag, 6. September 2019 10:46
An: enterprise@mozilla.org
Betreff: Re: [Mozilla Enterprise] Firefox ESR 60.9 and Firefox ESR 68.1 released

I need to apologize about criticizing FF msi. This is by far the smartest
exe-wrapper I have seen in my 10+ years of deploying software.
It just doesn't leave any trace of itself being msi in the machine. No crap
left behind.

Every single exe-wrapper I have seen this far has been utter crap. Not this
one. Only drawback I see is that you can't use its productcode as detection
rule, but that is not really any issue. Just treat it like it was installed
from .exe.

Whoever made this one should write a blog about it to teach other people how to
make proper exe-wrapper. D*mn nice job.

Timo Pietilä

On 6.9.2019 10.40, Timo Pietilä wrote:
> If you can distribute FF without msi do so. That msi is a exe-wrapper
> and as such will create all kinds difficulties that pure .exe or
> proper .msi doesn't.
>
> Timo Pietilä
>
> On 6.9.2019 9.29, Alessio Gennari via Enterprise wrote:
>> Hello,
>> where ca I find msi package and GPO definition for these new versions?
>>
>> Very kind regards.
>>
>> Email Signature
>> Alessio Gennari
>> IT Manager, Diakont S.r.l.
>> Logo <http://www.diakont.it/>
>> *Tel.* +39 0575 250332 int. 8104 *Fax* +39 0575 250031
>> genn...@diakont.it- www.diakont.it <http://www.diakont.it> *Sede
>> operativa e amministrativa.* Via Achille Grandi, 10/12 - 52100 Arezzo
>> - Italia *Sede legale.* Via Romita, 222 - 50025 Montespertoli (FI) -
>> Italia
>> *PI.* 06437990481 *Capitale sociale.* € 2.510.000 I.V.
>> Bureau Veritas logo <https://www.bureauveritas.it>
>>
>> On 2019-09-03 16:16, Ryan VanderMeulen wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We are pleased to announce the release of two new Firefox ESR
>>> versions this week, 60.9 and 68.1. Both are available for download
>>> from https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/organizations/all/
>>>
>>> Firefox ESR 60.9 is the latest in the ESR60 branch, and as always,
>>> we recommend that users keep up to date with the newest version of
>>> Firefox ESR for the latest stability and security fixes.
>>>
>>> Release notes for Firefox 60.9.0esr are available at:
>>> https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/60.9.0/releasenotes/
>>>
>>> Associated security advisories are posted at:
>>> https://www.mozilla.org/security/advisories/mfsa2019-27/
>>>
>>> This is the last scheduled release of the ESR 60.x branch. With the
>>> ESR
>>> 68.2 release in October, we will start offering automatic updates