De : Mike Kaply [mailto:mka...@mozilla.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 31 juillet 2020 22:28
À : GAUTIER Denis OBS/CMI <denisrennes.gaut...@orange.com>
Cc : enterprise@mozilla.org
Objet : Re: [Mozilla Enterprise] Firefox ESR release notification

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 4:27 AM
<denisrennes.gaut...@orange.com<mailto:denisrennes.gaut...@orange.com>> wrote:
Hello,

•         Is there any way to be notified for every new release of Firefox ESR,
even for security fix releases like 68.4.1 ?
We generally notify this list of every release. If that hasn't been the case,
I'll make sure it is. We don't currently have a dedicated release mailing list.

•         I noticed that the a new release is available at
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/ sometimes 1 day before the
official release date in the Firefox Release Calendar
https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar . Is it safe to deploy this
release before the official release calendar date?
Once a build has been placed in that directory, it is the build we are going to
release. Sometimes if we encounter issues on release day, we'll halt the
release, but in those cases, the fix will be a dot release, not replacing the
original release.

So I will say it's safe to use that, but be aware me might pull the release
back if something happens on release day (although this typically doesn't
happen with ESR updates)

Mike

Thanks

falsifie. Merci.

this message and its attachments.

modified, changed or falsified.

Thank you.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                                     Kendal, UK
                        and...@aitchison.me.uk