From: Mike Kaply <mka...@mozilla.com>
Sent: December 2, 2020 11:48 AM
To: Jason Jackson <jasonjack...@sd44.ca>
Cc: enterprise@mozilla.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Mozilla Enterprise] Vision Pro

I'm escalating this through Netop as well. This is not cool.

I'll let you know when I've heard back.

Mike

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 1:42 PM Mike Kaply
<mka...@mozilla.com<mailto:mka...@mozilla.com>> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 1:21 PM Jason Jackson
<jasonjack...@sd44.ca<mailto:jasonjack...@sd44.ca>> wrote:
Is there anyone using Vision Pro from Netop?  The current version installs a
Firefox extension.

The MSI installer actually deletes the entire
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Mozilla\Firefox key in the process of installing the
extension, which includes all of our policy.  We don’t even need the extension.
 I contacted Netop support and they said they don’t have a way to install
Vision Pro without the extension.

Are you kidding me?

Mike

I could write an install script that backs up all the keys before running the
installer, then restore them after.  Does anyone have a better solution?