When you first set up the database, did it ask you if you wanted to use the
System date format or the one in the database? If so, what did you reply?
You should have said "NO," to use the format in the database. That might be
the problem. (I don't recall if this happens in Crevier's database or
Carlsen's.)

The Crevier script has only one reference to "short format," and it follows
a comment about international dates:

    -- 3.1 handle international time formats
    set theTime to time string of dateRec
    set theDate to date string of dateRec in short format

So, oddly enough, this is supposed to <fix> a previous problem with non-US
date formats. I have about run out of ideas. Oh, one other. You report the
error as containing the phrase, "date string of short format". Does your
script say "of" or "in short format"? Should be the latter.

On or near 11/13/00 1:10 PM, Bruce Sanderson at [EMAIL PROTECTED] observed:

--
Peace,
Allen Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> XNS name: =Allen Watson